We’ve always got something cooking.
Friday, September 23 2011
ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FINGER FOOTBALL AT YOUR LOCAL WHITE CASTLE?
The National Finger Football® league blasts into the Windy City with a FREE event
CHICAGO – It’s time to get your game face on as we near kickoff at your local White Castle for the firstever regional National Finger Football League® (NFFL) tournament in the Chicago area. Game day is Saturday, October 1, 2011, at 9:00 a.m. at the White Castle on 306 W. North Ave., Villa Park, IL 60181.
White Castle is partnering with Zelosport for a 12-city regional Finger Football® tournament this fall. Winners of each regional tournament will compete in the national White Castle Slider Bowl in Indianapolis the week of the Super Bowl.
This is a FREE event for all participants. Each player receives a $10 White Castle gift card and an official White Castle-NFFL T-shirt at the event. All gridiron fans can follow the regional tournaments on Facebook and Twitter. Players may register for the tournament online at the White Castle registration page, by clicking on White Castle’s Finger Football® Facebook page or on the morning of the event at the host White Castle restaurant beginning at 9 a.m.
Two regional winners from Chicago will advance to the White Castle Slider Bowl on January 31, 2012, to face-off against winners from St. Louis, Indianapolis, New York, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Detroit, Louisville, Nashville, New Jersey and Minneapolis.
• 3rd – 4th place – A White Castle-NFFL game board
• 2nd place (both players that lose in the semi-finals) – A $50 White Castle gift card and a White Castle-NFFL game board
• 1st place (two regional winners from Chicago will advance to the White Castle Slider Bowl) – A trip for the winners and a guest to Indianapolis to play in the White Castle Slider Bowl, a $250 cash prize, a $500 White Castle gift card and a White Castle-NFFL game board
The National Champion will receive a $500 White Castle gift card every year for 25 years and $2,500 cash.
“Teaming up with Zelosport is a natural fit since many of our Cravers are football fans and White Castle has restaurants in regions that are home to professional football teams,” said Jamie Richardson, official White Castle “commissioner” for Finger Football® and vice president of corporate relations.
“When I created the finger football games, I approached the design with the entire family in mind,” said Spud Alford, founder and CEO of the NFFL and a long-time fan of White Castle. Spud and his brother Mike, president and COO of Zelosport, will be traveling to each regional tournament to officiate the games. All games will be played under tents in the White Castle parking lot.
For all of the football fans watching the games from their couch or tailgating, it’s time for tabletop tailgating with a White Castle Crave Case. As the official sponsor of the NFFL, White Castle is selling a limited-time only Crave Case featuring a tabletop Finger Football® game. To tackle that hunger, the Crave Case includes 30 fresh mix-and-match Sliders and features a mini-finger football field, two removable footballs and a 20 percent-off coupon for NFFL merchandise.
The NFFL Crave Case is available at all White Castle restaurants and online at WhiteCastle.com. Customers may order a Crave Case any way they want it – Original Sliders® or Cheese Sliders or go wild and try our Bacon Cheese Slider or Jalapeno Cheese Slider.
NFFL Tournament Schedule
• Sept 17 – Minneapolis – 5055 Central Ave NE. Central Hts., MN 55421
• Sept. 24 – St. Louis – 12025 Dorsett Rd. Maryland Hts., MO 63043
• Oct. 1 – Chicago – 306 W. North Ave., Villa Park, IL 60181
• Oct. 8 – Indianapolis – 4520 S. Emerson Ave., Indianapolis, IN 46203
• Oct. 15 – Detroit – 24000 Schoolcraft, Redford, MI 48239
• Oct. 22 – Columbus – 4525 Kenny Rd. Columbus, OH 43220
• Oct. 29 – Cleveland – 5151 Pearl Rd. Cleveland, OH 44129
• Nov. 5 – Cincinnati – 3980 Hauck Rd., Sharonville, OH 45241
• Nov. 12 – Louisville – 105 E. Market St. Louisville, KY 40202
• Nov. 19 – Nashville – 2901 Nolensville Rd. Nashville, TN 37211
• Dec. 3 – Newark – 2151 U.S. Hwy 9. Howell, NJ 07731
• Dec. 10 – New York City – 1677 Bruckner Blvd., Bronx, NY 10472
• Jan. 31 – Indianapolis – White Castle Slider Bowl – 55 W. South St., Indianapolis, IN 46225
*Registered players must sign-in at each regional tournament site beginning at 9 a.m.
About White Castle
White Castle is a family-owned business based in Columbus, Ohio that owns and operates more than 400 White Castle restaurants in 12 states. The company was founded in Wichita, Kansas in 1921 and is America’s first fast-food hamburger chain. All White Castle Sliders are made from 100-percent USDA approved beef or 100-percent white meat chicken. This year, the company celebrates its 90th birthday with special events and promotions occurring throughout the year. For more information on White Castle, visit www.whitecastle.com.
About the National Finger Football League®
Zelosport and the National Finger Football League® (NFFL) are based in Columbus, GA. Spud Alford, the founder and CEO of Zelosport, is the creator of Finger Football®. To sign-up and compete in the NFFL log onto http://www.thenffl.com. Search for more games and where to buy them at http://www.zelosport.com. Also, check out the upcoming Professional Finger Golf Tour® at
Paul Werth Associates
10 North High Street, Suite 300
Columbus, OH 43215
- January, 2014
- December, 2013
- November, 2013
- September, 2013
- August, 2013
- July, 2013
- June, 2013
- May, 2013
- April, 2013
- March, 2013
- February, 2013
- January, 2013
- December, 2012
- October, 2012
- September, 2012
- August, 2012
- July, 2012
- June, 2012
- May, 2012
- April, 2012
- February, 2012
- January, 2012
- December, 2011
- November, 2011
- October, 2011
- September, 2011
- August, 2011
- July, 2011
- June, 2011
- May, 2011
- March, 2011
- January, 2011
- December, 2010
- November, 2010
- October, 2010
- September, 2010
- August, 2010
- July, 2010
- June, 2010
- May, 2010
- April, 2010
- December, 2009
- November, 2009
- July, 2009
- June, 2009
- May, 2009
- February, 2009
- January, 2009